Those are the names of my 2 new godchildren-to-be. They are coming in May and I am so excited. I will be traveling to Virginia to be there soon after they are born.
Yesterday I put the finishing touches on some nursery decor and mailed them off. I had so much fun buying baby clothes. I didn’t have to ooh and ah over the girls things and have to buy boys things. Or see the cutest little boy outfits and have to buy the girl things. I got to buy BOTH! One pink and one blue of everything. It was so much fun. I should have taken pics before sending the loot. I went a little overboard. But even my hubby got excited buying baby things. He did have to drag me out of a few baby departments recently. But, I digress.
Here are the name frames for the twins.
I couldn’t find white frames anywhere so I bought the WalMart frames in black and hubby spray painted them white. The paint chips so easily though. I wish I could find white frames. Any tips?
I bought the chipboard “Chip Chatter” letters that I LOVE for the name frames. Again I bought white and painted them with acrylic paints. Only a small amount of stamping is actually done here and that is on the background pieces behind a few of the letters. I used a lot of different papers as well as ribbons. I couldn’t possibly name all of the sources. The metal pieces are mostly hodgepodge hardware from Stampin Up. The little safari animals are die-cuts from my Cuttlebug. I tried to match the nursery as best I could from a picture.
Nursery Items And then I made these. I  bought the door hanger from the Michael’s dollar bin. It said princess or something. Kevin painted it white for me. I then decorated it. It wasn’t exactly the picture I had in my head. And I wish I could say it was easy to do. It should have been. But instead of actually stampin on the wood I decided to cut out the letters from scrapbook papers. I printed the SHH (Backwards) onto the backside of the paper and cut it out.  Sounds easy, but for some reason it was not. My silly printer pulls the paper through and flips it over. It confuses me every time. The little box was from the unfinished wood section at H.L. I used a pencil eraser to make the polka dots in acrylic paints. And then added the safari diecuts. Easy Peasey as my friend Lori would say.
Thanks for looking.
Have a great day, friends! ~Angel